Retail Sales Associate
Location: Washington, DC
We are a footwear fashion brand looking for a passionate, entrepreneurial, sales-driven person to help us grow our business. We sell sandals online year-round, and operate two pop-ups in the Washington DC area: Dupont Circle and Georgetown. Our seasonal pop-ups are crucial channels for building the brand and creating an unforgettable customer experience. We need a dedicated people-loving retail associate to join our team, enrich our customer experience and help drive sales at our pop-ups.
- Passionate about delivering amazing customer service, while also driving high sales results.
- An excellent communicator with a passion for people
- Eager to learn all about our product and share that knowledge with the customers
- Highly organized and can maintain store appearance, displays, and overall cleanliness
- Able to learn basic inventory management and process transactions on our POS system once trained.
- Passionate about fashion, social media and marketing
- Interested in visual merchandising, with the opportunity to help create window displays
- Creative, love storytelling and open to learn and produce content for social media channels
- Willing to assist in organizing and managing small events
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
- Fashion / retail experience is preferred, but not necessary
- You are reliable, punctual and highly organized
- Ability to work approximately 20 hours a week, including a minimum of 1 weekend day
- Must be at least 18 years old
- You take initiative and multi-task
- Interest in fashion and design
- Interest in digital marketing and desire to support marketing team with occasional social media posts
- You have an interest in Greece or Greek culture
- Love of storytelling
- Passion for slow fashion, ethical manufacturing, and environmental sustainability
- You love asking questions
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive hourly rate
- Free pair of sandals!
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing direct-to-consumer fashion brand
- Opportunity to creatively put your existing marketing skills to the test for a young fashion start-up.
- Homemade Greek sweets and insider knowledge about the best places to visit in Greece.
We are looking to hire immediately and the position lasts until the end of September with the opportunity to be considered for longer term.
If this sounds like you and interesting to you, please send your resume with a little note about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Laiik Team
About the Brand:
L A I I K (/lay-ik/) is a DC-based, “Made in Greece” start-up footwear brand reinventing the classic Greek sandal for conscientious women who appreciate responsibly made, beautiful footwear at an accessible price. As a direct-to-consumer brand, similar to All Birds, Everlane, Bonobos, etc, we cut out the traditional retailers in order to offer our customers a premium quality product at a more affordable price. We describe it as “Modern Luxury”. Each pair of our shoes is responsibly crafted by hand at two small family-run factories in Greece and made from vegetable-tanned vachetta leathers sourced from Italy and processed with natural tannins extracted from trees and plants to minimize its impact on the environment.
- We believe in making beautiful shoes that celebrate the classic, minimalist Greek aesthetic, elevated with modern lines and rich, bold colors and textures.
- We believe in restoring and revitalizing Greek heritage shoemaking and creating products that last for ages.
- We believe luxury and fashion must be wearable… our shoes are to be lived in.
- We strive to be eco-conscious, and use the least toxic, most responsibly sourced materials we can find.
- We believe in slow fashion and not disposable, fast fashion.
- We believe that fashion and luxury needs to be more inclusive, and that people should be able to afford handmade, ethically produced products.