Total Preparation time: 90 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
1 whole chicken
1 cube chicken stock
1 tablespoon peppercorns
1 tablespoon dry thyme
1 bay leaf
8.5 cups of water
1 leek (only the white part)
2 medium carrots
1 cup of glazed rice
1 sprig fresh thyme
- Debone a whole chicken (you can ask your butcher to do this for you). Do not throw away the bones!
- Add the bones to a pot, and add the chicken stock, bay leaf, peppercorns and dry thyme. Add the water, and bring to a boil for about an hour on medium heat.
- Chop up the carrots, leek and onions
- Cut the chicken into small pieces
- Strain the bones from the pot, so that you only have a clear liquid remaining.
- Add the liquid back to the pot, and add the chopped carrot, leek, onion, rice and chicken.
- Boil for approximately 25-30 minutes
- In a bowl, add the yolks from the three eggs. Add the zest and juice from two lemons, and mix with a whisk.
- Use a ladle to add liquid from the pot to the bowl. Do this slowly whilst simultaneously mixing to temper and avoid breaking the egg. Repeat this for 5-6 scoops.
- Pour the mix back into the pot.
- Gently mix by shaking the pot - do not use a utensil to do so
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh thyme.