Laiik Makes Greek Food: Tyrokafteri
Grab your leather sandals, head to your local Greek market for feta cheese and other ingredients and come make tyrokafteri with us.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes, Portions: 4-6 people
Ingredients: 1/2 clove of garlic, 50 grams (or under 4 tbsp) olive oil, 1 red chili pepper, 1 pepperoncini, 1 tbsp of chili flakes, 400 grams (or 1.75 cups) of feta cheese, and 200 grams (or 0.75 cups) of Greek yogurt.
For Serving: Bread, Chili Flakes, Thyme
- Chop the half garlic clove
- Dice half a red chili pepper (or more if you like it hotter) and half a pepperoncini
- Mix the garlic, the two peppers, the olive oil and the red chili powder in a blender.
- In a bowl, break up the feta using your hands (keep the feta chunky).
- Add the yogurt, and the mix from the blender to the feta cheese.
- Use a spoon to continue to mix well.
- Garnish with chili flakes and Thyme
- Serve with bread